Thursday, May 10, 2012

And Why Wouldn't You Run Through The Snow On A Mountain?


This weeks "unofficial run" was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful sunny day in Vancouver and I couldn't wait to get to the Mountain.  I was trying out my new hydration back pack which is friggen phenominal FYI.
Love it.
Once again, Salomon has done a great job thinking this one up.
It is light, super flexible (expands with your breathing but lets you move and stays snug to you all the while)
It is a pricy little number, but considering it has so many pockets for your food, phone, oh and lets be honest lipstick and biodegradable wipes) its a winner!
The great thing about hydration packs is that your hands are still free, and you basically drink through a straw that is attached to your back. (LAZY or what???)

                                                Salomon S Series of Hydration - Super happy with it.
Im starting to recognize a few happy faces, and figure out where I seem to fit in the mix of runners with a similar pace. 


We elevated fairly high and there was a lot of mud and snow (Infact, it actually snowed for a few minutes while we were running) . The snow was pretty fun to run through, just because it looked so cool. I did take a photo with my phone but it was totally blurred... I managed to find every deep pocket of mud and it became a bit of a joke to the other runners as they were basically just stepping where I was NOT. 

I had gone to Kickboxing the night before,  felt fine until I was climbing. Holy man! Im sore today. Second day is always worse isn't it?  Funny enough, High heels are the cure. Maybe I should start stretching??? (Now there is a new idea...)

01:56 for 12km Looks like approx 2300 feet in elevation.

This is my first big week of training for the Knee Knacker. Kickboxing and of course these practice runs, this sunday is my first bigger run with the group which should run about 4 hours It is an "Official Run" and I am very much looking forward to it.

Saturday is the SPARTAN race, which is a fun workout (with a beer garden) perfect!
As much as I like to follow the rules about training and becoming a smarter, better, and more efficient runner my primary purpose is to have fun. Im doing a great job so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment