Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lesson 9: Inspiration and education can go along way


Last night I had the opportunity to go to the West Vancouver Salomon Store with 29 others to listen to 2 amazing athletes, both had lots to offer in the means of inspiration and lessons, tips, all that good stuff on trail running.
One of the things that Adam Campbell (Adam is one of the very fastest long distance trail runners in the world) said, is that he goes to win. I was surprised that he said that . Not sure why. Maybe because I just never have thought that way; but it made me smile. I have a different perspective on running all of a sudden. I am still trying to digest what that means to me, and where I would impliment this into my goal, but it is something that I have never thought of. "Just finish; do it without any major injuries or tummy aches...." That's it.
That has been my goal.
My best half marathon race pb (personal best) was 1:58. I think Adams best pb full marathon was about 20 minutes more than what I did for half the distance.
Im still smiling and shaking my head on that fact alone, but totally inspired.
Tom Craik, whom also represents Salomon is too an exceptional athelete. Both men were so humbling in their stories. Just lapped it all up.


Really glad they took the time to speak to us; really glad I stepped up to the opportunity.
I heard great advice on running gear including shoes, clothing, packs, fuel etc..


I also had the honor of meeting the author and getting some great tips in my signed copy of this great trail running book. The book is beautiful, full of photos, detailed maps and tips on how to, where to, how far, how high...etc.
It also has a coupon in the book that you can submit for a FREE race in the 5 peaks trail running series.
A well worth buy and read.


No comments:

Post a Comment